What are the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Men's Health
Question: I saw this on my private area, it doesn't ich, no pain, or anything, can you tell ke what is possibly is??
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out/confirm STD's sir, other possibilities only after that

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Although I cannot be sure from the image, but I do suspect a possibility of sexually transmitted diseases (E.g. herpes) and thus would recommend a visit to your doctor for an STD-panel; pearly penile papules are another possibility.

Sir, could you also answer the following questions for me:

1. Are you sexually active?

2. Are you married or single?

3. If you are sexually active, is your partner(s) a known person or usually unknown individuals?

4. When did the lesions on your penis appear? How long ago?

5. Who was your sexual partner prior to the appearance of the lesions on your penis? Was this person a known person or unknown?

I look forward to hearing from you in order to help you further sir. Please also feel free to write to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
1. I'm not sexually active...2. I'm single..3. my ex is the last person I had sex with...4 . it appeared bout 4 days ago..5. and my partner was my ex...
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
?? Cannot be sure which infection, but herpes a possibility

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

If your ex was the last one you had sexual intercourse with, then it would be wise to discuss with her (if you can communicate with her), about her sexual status and if she has ever been tested. And if not, then both of you need to undergo an STD-panel, this could quite possibly be an infection both of you have.

Best wishes sir.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy