What are the symptoms of prostatitis?

Dr. Ashwini Kolur

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Lump
Question: is a sore or sensative penis a symptom of enlarged prostrate, especially during an erection? thanks. I added another part to that. My doctor prescribed ciprofloxacin (2 week duration) as she thought I had symptoms of prostatitis.

Since you have my email address, in the meantime (waiting for my answer) would you send me the doctor's qualifications (degree & learning institution)?

Thanks,
Sam
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
prostatitis can present with symptom mentioned, take course of antibiotics as suggested

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for writing here.
I have gone through your query

Prostatitis can present with symptoms like perineal, penile, and suprapubic discomfort or pain during or after ejaculation and voiding complaints such as irritative and obstructive voiding symptoms: urinary frequency, urgency, and dysuria.

I would have done digital rectal examination to know whether prostate is enlarged or not, for confirmation of prostatitis, prostate fluid analysis for signs of infection, transrectal ultrasound.

I would suggest you to take the treatment as suggested and observe for improvement.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T