What are the symptoms of pregnancy?
I am a bit stressed as i am not sure about my girlfriend not being pregnant
Following are the incidences happened.
# Had intercourse on feb 25,2015 continuously for 3 times, unfortunately without any protection. But sure about not ejaculating inside her.
# She had I-pill on the same day within 12 hours.
# She got her period on 2-3 of march. (Her cycle was of 28-30 days, she had her earlier period on XXXXXXX 28).
# Again we had intercourse on march 15, this time also for three continuous times, no protection, but didn't ejaculated inside her and again she took i-pill on the same day within 6 hrs.
# Suddenly potting started on march 21 lasted for 4-5 days. It was a sort of XXXXXXX because she never had such types of spotting.
# She didn't have her period on march 28 and not even on 30th.
# She felt like her period is about to start on april 5 but again it was a few drops of blood(red in color) with tissue lining at the night and a few drops of blood(brown in color) with some white colored discharge at morining, it ended after that.
# Till now she didn't have her periods which means she has missed one.
# She had home pregnancy test with Prega News on April 1, April 4, April 8 and on April 16 and all of them were negative.
# No early symptom of pregnancy except she is having some headache for last 2-3 days.
*She is 22, weighs 40 kg and wear lenses of power +0.5 and +0.75.
I know it was very irresponsible on both of our part to not to use any protection but please tell me about her delay in period and about those spotting and discharge on april 5.
Is she pregnant? Or it's all due to taking i-pill on feb 25 and march 15 (two i-pills within 19 days).
The spotting started on march 21 could that be an early induced period?
If she isn't pregnant then when she should expect her next periods?
Rare chance of pregnancy. Wait 1 week to get period.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) First intercourse took place on safe period (on 25th Feb) and second time intercourse occurred around fertile period (on 15th March). However, you used pulled out method and she took I-pill within first 24 hrs of sex in both occasion. In this case, her chance of pregnancy is extremely RARE or very much NEGLIGIBLE.
2) She got withdrawal bleeding or spotting on 2nd and 21st March due to effect of I-pill. It is quite common thing and most women get this type of bleeding.
3) Delayed period occurs due to hormonal imbalance and associated mental stress. I suggest her to await another 1 week to get her period naturally as her previous pregnancy test results are NEGATIVE.
4) If she DOESN'T get her period even after awaiting for 1 week, I suggest her to consult with local doctor for medicine to induce period effectively. She needs a complete prescription.
Hope, it helps for your information. Use REGULAR contraceptive pill in future. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Good luck.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
#Why did she have discharge again on April 5 that too only two times.
#Does the home pregnancy kit changes after some hours, like from two lines to one line cause (not one line to two line).
In the last test she didn't wait for more than two minutes to check the indicator on the kit and till then it was only one line and again she checked after a couple of hours and still it was a single line. So is there any chances that one more line might have appeared and then vanished in between.
It might feel you an odd question and also a bit of overreaction but can you please tell me, is it really hard for an unmarried person to get abortion in XXXXXXX or in CG(My residence)?
If i go on believing on stories which I've heard then its impossible without paying extra cash though it is legal for person aging 18+.
I'm asking this question just to be ready for a worse case scenario.
Effect of I-pill. Medical abortion can be done in worst case.
Thanks for follow up query.
1) Discharge on 5th April is MOSTLY due to effect of I-pill. Irregular spotting is the side effect of pill.
2) Pregnancy test kit result DOESN'T change with time. It is fixed (1 or 2 line) for few days. Blood test for beta-hCG is most reliable and used for confirmation.
3) Medical abortion can be done in case of positive pregnancy test. In XXXXXXX currently there are no rules forbidding unmarried couples from aborting. Moreover at this point of time, I strongly believe she is pregnant. So don't be worried.
Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.
All the best and good luck.
Dr S Patra
But sorry I didn't get that
"Moreover at this point of time, I strongly believe she is pregnant. So don't be worried."
Did you just forget to write 'NOT' in between or you really meant what you wrote cause that sentence freaked me out.
Does pathology lab require a prescription from doctor for Blood test for beta-hCG?
As this is my last follow up question, can you suggest me any doctor in XXXXXXX (Chhattisgarh) for her treatment.
Not pregnant in my point of view.
Thanks for your update.
I am very sorry for my mistake. I mean to say that she is NOT pregnant in my point of view. I suggest her to await another 1 week to get period naturally.
Usually, pathology lab DOESN'T require prescription for blood test for beta-hCG. You can tell the name of the test to be done.
For doctor in your region, you can search this site according to place or contact with the support team for detailed information.
Hope, it helps for your information. Good luck.
Dr S Patra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of pregnancy after hysterectomy
- What are the symptoms of pregnancy in early stage
- Pregnant what are the early symptoms of pregnancy
- What are the early signs and symptoms of pregnancy
- What are the symptoms in pregnancy of an mentally retarded baby
- What are the major symptoms of pregnancy
- What are signs and symptoms of pregnancy
- What are the symptoms of pregnancy while on the implanon
- Symptoms of pregnancy
- What are the symptoms of pregnancy and pms
- What causes missed periods?
- Does Carbamazepine or Oxcarbazepine cause false negative pregnancy test...
- Suggest treatment for vaginal candidiasis
- Suggest contraceptive pills for a 30 year old
- Suggest treatment for itching and discomfort on vagina
- What is the safe time span for intercourse after taking unwanted 72?
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods and PCOD
- What is the ideal time to do NT scan during pregnancy?
- What causes light menstrual bleeding?
- Suggest treatment for infertility