What are the symptoms of pregnancy?

Posted on Mon, 20 Apr 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Dear Doctor,

i had my last periods on d 6th of march after which we had unprotected sex on the 12th of march and he ejaculated just outside the anus.just to be out of tension i had an emergency contraceptive pill(i-pill) within 13 hours of d act...my periods are generally on time and i should get it within this week...if it dosen't then i guess something is wrong....last week there was a slight bleeding once a day in the morning....was that my periods? do i have any chance of getting pregnant? Please help me ....i am extremely worried.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The chances of pregnancy are less.

Detailed Answer:

The chances of pregnancy have always been there with unprotected sex.

The chances of pregnancy are less in your case as you had I-pill with in time( less than 72 hrs.).

One day spotting is a side effect of I-pill because of high dose of hormone in it, that was not your period.

You should go for a home urine pregnancy test if you missed your period by 7 days.

Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.

Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thank you for the reply.How much delay of period is normal after having i-pill?d spotting lasted for three days and it took place after 11 days of taking d pill.in case i am pregnant, i want to get it aborted,can abortion be done with oral medicines or do i need to go for a surgery?how long can be abortion done if one is pregnant?what are the normal procedures? Please help.

Best Regards
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seven days delayed considered normal.

Detailed Answer:

Nice to hear from you once again.

Seven days delay in your period can be considered normal in your case.

If you get pregnant, pregnancy can be aborted with abortion pills upto 49 days.

There are other method for abortion called D&C( a surgical method of abortion ) for abortion in first and second trimester pregnancy.

In your case if you get pregnant abortion pills can be used for abortion.

Hope it is useful.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN