What are the symptoms of pregnancy?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 27 Mar 2015 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: My expected period was march 4th, well I had unprotected sex the week after February 14th? My cycle is every 25days, my lmp was February 7th, I had drips of red blood for a brief second on February 21st, saw nothing on 22nd, but 23rd was light pink discharge 24th dark brown 25th dark brown and 26th light pink, I haven't saw anything since then, I don't know what is going on, today I'm 2days late????
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably implantation bleeding. Get pregnancy test done.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani.
I will be answering your concerns today.

Since you are sexually active then this probably could be implantation bleeding
Your expected period is on March 4th. So you probably ovulated around 19-20th of February. Since you had intercourse around this time, the egg must have been fertilized and as it implants (burrows) into the wall of the uterus light pink/brownish discharge can be seen in 1/3 of women. This is normal and does not harm the baby. So get your pregnancy test done.

A small possibility that this could be ovulation spotting. You must have ovulated late and this is ovulation bleeding. Ovulation bleeding is seen as discharge just for a day or two. In some women it can be seen for more days.

I hope I have answered your concerns.
If you have any further queries, do write to us. I will be happy to answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 21 minutes later
Ok thank you i will keep you updated with results!
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Best wishes

Detailed Answer:
My best wishes to you.
Will be waiting for your update.
Bye. Have a nice day.