What are the symptoms of pots syndrome?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been diagnosed with pots syndrome, how can I tell if this is what I have. Are there certain characteristics that go with this symdrome
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Following advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

First of all POTS is acronym for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome which is an exaggerated drop in BP in a patient who goes from a supine position on a standing position followed by Tachycardia.

Post by definition is characterised by Orthostatic hypotension, lightheaded and tachycardia and is diagnosed on a tilt table test. This is why you should schedule for a tilt table test to diagnose the POTS.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu