What are the symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia?

Question
I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia at 26. Before the diagnosis and up til now (I am 45).
I often have a slight sensation, which I now believe may be me feeling the Cerebrospinal fluid in circulation in my brain. I am fairly sure the paranoid schizophrenia is a misdiagnosis, I think I may possibly be autistic (Asperger's); but I am wondering if other people with my diagnosis report feeling the same sensation. If it happened outside my body, I would describe it as having a little warm water poured over my head.
Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
More information needed

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern, however I need you to fill in some more information so I may give an answer as accurate as possible.
When you say paranoid schizophrenia is the wrong diagnosis for you, what do you mean? What symptoms have you been experiencing that makes you think you were misdiagnosed?
Are you on any other medication? Do you have problems with balance and/or vision? Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet?
I will be awaiting for your answers to the above questions.

Kind regards

Follow-up: What are the symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia? 1 hour later
Hello Dr. Ademovi,
I sometimes have tingling in my hands and feet, I do not have balance issues, my eye doctor recently did my exam and did not detect anything other than distance vision problem.
My diagnosis was paranoid schizophrenia with auditory hallucinations. This diagnosis was made because I was and am convinced that I am constantly being watched and monitored by someone since 1996. I cannot prove this, and when I tell people about it, they either don't believe me or they think I am crazy.
I don't have visual hallucinations. I don't think I actually have auditory hallucinations, either. Rather, I often hear real people talking and my interpretation of the conversation will be different from someone else who hears the same thing. I think I have perceptional issues which Haldol, Thorazine, Lithium, Zyprexa, and Geodon have not made go away. I have not taken any of these meds since 2010 because, they don't stop the feelings of being watched and monitored and have awful side effects. So that part I am just coping with.

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 34 hours later
Brief Answer:
MRI needed

Detailed Answer:
Thank your for providing the additional information which helped me gain a better understanding of your health situation.

The sensation of cerebrospinal fluid running through your head, if an isolated sensation, may be considered as part of your diagnosis, however, considering the tingling in your hands and feet, I suspect a neurological disorder, therefore I recommend you get a brain MRI done to rule out any abnormality.

I hope this helps. You are welcome to ask any further questions you might have.

Kind regards