What are the symptoms of pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis is suspected initially from lab tests like amylase and lipase
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas which is an organ located in the upper abdomen in the central region. It can be acute or chronic and symptoms are severe pain in the upper abdomen. The pancreas secretes hormones for digestion. Therefore when a person develops pancreatitis then they have abnormal lab tests of digestive enzymes like amylase and lipase. These two tests are important for a lab diagnosis of pancreatitis.
2. Other than lab tests, CT scan and ultrasound scan can picture pancreatitis. However the features of pancreatitis on CT scan and ultrasound scan might appear 24 to 48 hours after the onset of the disease condition.
3. You can send across your reports and I will have a detailed look at them and let you know if there is a possibility of pancreatitis from the investigations performed.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Final symptoms of pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatitis symptoms excessive burping
- Symptoms of pancreatitis
- Symptoms of pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer
- Pancreatic duct blockage symptoms
- Common symptoms of pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatitis early symptoms
- Symptoms pancreatitis and cholecystitis
- Dilated pancreatic duct symptoms
- Signs symptoms of pancreatitis