What are the symptoms of mid-brain stroke?
What can be done? Not much.
the MRI is absolutely needed to confirm the diagnosis. I suppose that your doctor has excluded common causes like atrial fibrillation which would need immediate treatment. Carotid artery ultrasound scan would be useful as well.
If/when the diagnosis is confirmed, more can be done depending on the results of the MRI and blood tests. A better blood pressure, lipid and glucose control is required.
If the cause of the double vision is inside the brain then therapies like the ones you've proposed are not expected to benefit patients like you.
What symptoms should i be aware of in the event i don't feel well
between now and MRI...it is the weekend so I can't call the DR
Any muscle weakness or sensory deficit
muscle weakness (or paralysis) or sensual deficits are common symptoms in stroke. The symptoms are usually unilateral, for example inability to move the left side of the body (left hand, left foot, etc).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of a brain stroke
- Symptoms of Stroke
- Symptoms of minor brain stroke
- Symptoms of a postpartum stroke
- Symptoms of acute brain stroke
- What poison mimics stroke symptoms
- What are the five symptoms of stroke
- What causes brain stem strokes
- Symptoms stroke swollen tongue
- Stroke symptoms whisky
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?