• question-icon

What are the symptoms of melanoma?

Posted on Tue, 13 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had a biopsy taken today of what I believe to be melanoma on my scalp. Unfortunately, it will take up to two weeks to get the results and my Dr. can't do Mohs surgery, so will refer me somewhere else, causing more delay. If a dermatologist who has the lab and does Mohs surgery can see me very soon, can they do the biopsy and surgery sooner to prevent what could be a rapidly spreading death threat?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not melanoma

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.
It is not looking like melanoma.
Probably it is seborrheic keratosis, a collection of blocked sebaceous glands.
Just relax. Biopsy is done just to rule out rarest possibilities.
It's not looking dangerous.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist