What are the symptoms of lung cancer?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Cancer
Question: I have a lung issue, and I am so worry and thinking to much about lung cancer, do these test confirm that I don't have the lung cancer .
these are my test results.
Manual Differential.
all normal accept
1: Segs Man     23 %
2-Lymph Man     70 %

The BMP test are all normal.
Two View Chest Radiographs frontal and lateral
result; FINDINGS:
The heart, mediastinum and pulmonary vasculature are normal. No lung consolidation or pleural effusions are present.
IMPRESSION:
Essentially normal chest with scattered granulomas noted.
Complete Blood Count w/ Differential. all are in normal range.

Gram Stain, Sputum. result.
Gram Stain Report :     Few epithelial cells Occasional White Blood Cells Occasional Gram Positive Rods Occasional Gram Positive Cocci in pairs and clusters     
ORGANISM:     Gram Positive RodsGram Positive Cocci.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. I would suggest a few investigations

Detailed Answer:
Hello. First of all please relax. Yes it is a chest infection and you were given proper treatment. However, the area of concern is
1. The so called granuloma in XRAY
2. You are still spitting blood(though sometimes it can happen in bronchitis).
I would suggest you to get a CECT scan of lung done to rule out some other causes including cancer.
Not to make you worry but cancer is a remote possibility, yet we need to rule it out.
Thanks and regards
Dr Deepak sundriyal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 34 hours later
for the past 2 days, I am gradually getting better I cough Just few time a day but not difficult or long coughing and I breath free no wheezing no pain and sputum became small and with the second cough and it became bright yellow without blood. I forget to tell you that my doctor told my that my blood test is good but he said that I need to watch my blood sugar he said it 185, I wasn't fasting and he said it not uncommon with infection. for the best few days I have watch my blood sugar and after 24 hours from when I finished my antibiotic course my blood sugar went to the normal range
Can you please explain this to me using easy English words.
Gram Stain Report; Few epithelial cells Occasional White Blood Cells Occasional Gram Positive Rods Occasional Gram Positive Cocci in pairs and clusters.
ORGANISM     ; Gram Positive RodsGram Positive Cocci     
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. You are improving. good

Detailed Answer:
hello dear. So you are improving that a good sign and sputum has reduced as well as blood. So you can omit a ct scan as it is a chest infection only.
Epithelial cells are normal cells of lung and bronchial lining shed in sputum
White cells are the cells fighting the infections.
Gram positive rods and cocci are the bacterias. These bacterias will vanish soon after the antibiotics course.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T