What are the symptoms of knee arthritis?
He may be having early knee arthritis
I have studied your case. I think your father is developing early knee arthritis.In this condition there is cartilage damage and it causes knee pain.Patient may have difficulty in squatting and sitting cross leg.
I would recommend you following.
1.Meet a physio and start static quadriceps exercises for him.
2.Tablet Calcium and Vitamin D 3 daily.
3.Hot water fomentation.
4.Volitran ointment daily application.
5. Avoid squatting and sitting cross leg.
I hope these steps will be helpful for him. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
This is osteoarthritis
This is typical case of osteoarthritis which is age related degenerative procedure. His normal knee is causing pain because he is putting less weight on affected side. Physiotherapy is painful but will be effective in long term.
Cracking sound is because rough bone is rubbing against each other. Arthritis is common in all patients above fifty. So there is nothing unusual.
You can send his knee x rays to me. It should be done in standing position. I will try my best to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for foot drop
- What are symptoms of rib fracture?
- What causes pain in inside of elbow of both arms?
- Suggest treatment for cervical spondylitis
- What causes red knots on arms,legs and body with swelling on ankles?
- What causes pain and swelling in knee and calf with history of...
- Can i travel with swollen ankle post injury?
- What causes throbbing pain in right side of abdomen?
- What is the cause and treatment for pain in heels?
- What causes pain in ankle radiating to heel?