What are the symptoms of increased manganese levels?
blood levels of manganese,MRI brain, consult neurologist
Manganese has some role for disc disease along with other minerals like coppor,zinc etc but , as per my study, only 0.6 to 1.3 mg per day is the normal requirement which is made up by vegetables and fruits diet mostly, supplements with multivitamins taken once a day are sufficient and if taken more times may be harmful.So consult a physician.Blood levels measurements of manganese may be required to diagnose whether it is raised or not to cause toxicity enough to cause parkinsons symptoms
so, a confirmation may be done before declaring toxicity
Secondly, parkinsonism has changes in brain which can be detected on MRI scan of brain and your doctor may order for the same if he agrees.
If high levels in blood are detected,then-
doctors give chelation therapy (removal of manganese by binding to chemicals like EDTA given by infusions by doctors ) or by a medicine called PAS (para-amino salycilic acid), a medicine related to aspirin formula, and used for treatment of tuberculosis
Levo-dopa is a medicine for parkinsons but if toxicity by manganese is there, it is ineffective and this also indirectly means parkinsons
If blood levels, MRI of brain are normal,then-
your shaky legs may possibly be due to disc disease or parkinsons or any other cause
so a complete ,systematic assessment is required by a physician/neurologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Increased creatinine level
- Symptoms of increased prolactin levels
- What are the symptoms if esr increases
- Symptoms of Increased thyroid level
- Symptoms of Increased platelet level
- Symptoms of Increased testosterone level
- Symptoms of Increased triglyceride level
- Symptoms of Increased bilirubin level
- Symptoms of Increased potassium level
- Symptoms of Increased ammonia level
- Suggest treatment for progressing pain in the hips
- What causes difficulty walking using left foot?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of Madelung disease
- What causes constant knee pain?
- What causes sharp pain in inner thigh and hip?
- What causes piercing pain in foot mound and heel?
- Suggest treatment for persistent lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis
- Suggest treatment for constant pain and fatigue after appendix removal
- Suggest treatment for pain and muscle weakness