What are the symptoms of heart attack?
but I had the worse pain in my left arm before I went and it was unbearable. they did an ekg but it said I didn't have one could it be wrong
Not likely to be wrong
Welcome to Health Care Magic
Typical history, EKG changes, and elevated cardiac markers (enzymes) – are the three things to make a diagnosis of heart attack.
Normal EKG is reassuring but cannot definitely exclude an attack. They do blood tests / repeat the EKG after a few hours
When the pain is not typical and the EKG is normal, nothing further is done at the moment.
Days later, a stress EKG (Treadmill Test - TMT) or stress ECHO is done – to exclude underlying possibility of ischemia. They may also estimate risk factors, like cholesterol etc…
God bless you
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mini heart attack symptoms
- What are most common symptoms of a heart attack
- What causes heart attack symptoms
- Shivering heart attack symptoms
- Anxiety heart attack symptoms
- Symptoms of heart attack toe
- Symptoms after heart attack
- What are the symptoms of a future heart attack
- What are the symptoms before having a heart attack
- What are the symptoms of heart attack?