What are the symptoms of heart attack?

Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Mar 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: HI, I AM 61 YEARS OLD WITH NO HISTORY OF HEALTH PROBLEMS. BEEN TAKING CARE OF MY MOTHER FOR PAST 2 YEARS AND SHE JUST DIED FRIDAY 20TH . TODAY I STARTED EXPERIENCING FAST HEART RATE. FIRST TIME 100 TO 110 RATE. ABOUT HOUR LATER HAPPENED AGAIN, NOT QUIET AS SCARED. WENT TO TOWN AND RAN ERRANDS. HEART RATE A LITTLE HIGH. MY NORMAL RATE IS 60 A MINUTE, WAS PROBABLY 80. TONIGHT AFTER GOING TO BED HAD ANOTHER. FELT LIKE BED WAS SHAKING VERY FAST BUT PULSE WAS PROBABLY BACK AT 110. GOT UP AND STARTING HAVING HEAVY SHAKES IN WAVES. PROBABLY TOOK 10 MIN TO STOP. HEART RATE IS BACK DOWN NOW. FOR YEARS I'VE HAD A LITTLE FLUTTER IN CHEST, ONCE IN A WHILE, FOLLOWED BY A BURP. HAVING LOTS OF BURPING NOW EVEN AFTER HEART RATE GOES DOWN. HISTORY OF WEAK MITRIAL VALVE IN FAMILY. SHOULD I GO TO EMERGENCY
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not dangerous

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mrs,

Most likely your symptoms are related to stress.
100-110 bpm pulse is not dangerous. Sometimes we see similar heart rates or even higher in people who had a stress recently.
I think there is nothing to worry, but if it doesn't stop in a week you can see your doctor to perform an ECG.
In case you notice irregular and fast pulse which lasts more than 3-5 minutes, then refer to ER.

Hope I could help you

Wishing you good health

In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask