What are the symptoms of gout?
First check your blood uric acid level.
Welcome to health care magic,
If you are having pain and swelling of joints since few days,then I would suggest you to undergo blood uric acid level.
Normal blood uric acid level in male is 3.4 to 7.0 mg/dl.
Treatment of acute gout is depends on symptoms and serum uric acid level.The important thing is to diagnose first by physician.
However, one can take,
1) NSAIDs to reduce pain and swelling with stiffness,
3) steroids to reduce inflammation and joint stiffness.
All this medicines can be taken when you are under treatment with diabetes and hypertension.
Apart from medical treatment,
You can use crushed ice in plastic bag covering with towel and put over the painful joints to reduce pain and swelling,elevate the joint above the heart level to reduce swelling and complete rest to the involved joint.
You must consult physician for further advise.
Thanks and Regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?