What are the symptoms of gluten intolerance?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Mon, 18 Jul 2016 in General Health
Question: Gluten intolerance?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 6 minutes later
do you have gluten intolerance
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 37 minutes later
I have not been diagnosed with gluten intolerance. As I review a symptoms list, I am beginning to wonder if I do.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

A common presentation of symptoms is anemia, weight loss and chronic diarrhea. There can also be related skin rash.

Testing for antigliadin , anti endomysial and antitransglutaminase antibodies can be advised. Upper GI endoscopy would be required to confirm celiac / gluten intolerance and also rule out small bowel lymphoma.

Removing gluten alone by stopping wheat rye and oats is not an accurate way. Testing should be done in the above order explained.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil