What are the symptoms of glaucoma?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 16 Dec 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: What are sympotoms of eye pressure other than the number.? Red eyes? Hot ears? Flushed face? Headache?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The symptoms depend on the tyoe of glaucoma.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care Magic.

I am Dr. Dadapeer K an ophthalmologist and I will be answering your question.
I reviewed your history.
It seems from the history that you are prescribed with Lumigan eye drops for increased intraocular pressure and you want to know the symptoms of increased intraocular pressure.
Increased intraocular pressure is called as glaucoma and the symptoms depend on the type of glaucoma.
In narrow angle glaucoma the intraocular pressure raises suddenly and it presents as pain, redness, blurred or hazy vision, headache or brow ache....
In open angle glaucoma the intraocular pressure raises slowly and symptoms are usually absent here. It is detected on measurement of intraocular pressure and optic disc.

Hope the information is helpful to you.
Do write back to me for further questions.

Thank you
With regards