What are the symptoms of genital wart?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Is this a genital wart?

Today while using the bathroom I noticed a bump that I haven't seen before. it's on the right side of the shaft under the foreskin. it's smooth, slightly raised, off-white almost translucent, does not itch, and has a blat dot in the center. I've attached pictures to help.

It's only noticeable when the skin is stretched and I don't know how long it's been there. I've attached pictures which will be of more use. I'm worried that it's a genital wart. I soaked the area in vinegar and it did not turn white like a wart is supposed to do so am unsure what to think. there's a little red XXXXXXX in a near by area that is irritation from something else and not related. What do you think?

I've been seeing a new girl for a month and am sexually active. She means a lot to me. thanks
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Appears to be simple cyst of oil gland. Not wart.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the eruption over penile area. I have diligently analyzed your complete query and noted your concern. After thoroughly examining the penile area let me reassure you that there is no resemblance with wart in your case.

At present it appears to be simple eruption related to blockage of the oil glands which has formed a small cyst. The central black dot appears to be the punctum of the cyst.

I reassure you fully that wart is not at a possibility in your penile area. In general these kind of eruptions recedes by itself and no active treatment is required.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases