What are the symptoms of food poisoning?
Correction of re-hydration and watch for symptoms
Hi dear.Thanks for giving me an opportunity to answer your query.
I were to say that these symptoms are most likely and indicative of food poisoning due to the contamination of bacteria(most commonly staphylococci)-since the onset of symptoms is within an hour. I would order stool analysis to confirm this infection.
In this circumstance, my first and foremost objective is treat the dehydration and electrolyte loss.
Oral re-hydration solution has to taken at-least 2 liters/day and increase further depending on the stool output.Have plenty of oral fluids(avoid soda and which have much sugar). I would recommend the above if you may take orally else I were to admit and administer fluid intravenously.
Stay with your usual diet as much as possible.Eating your usual diet will help you to get enough nutrition.Good to avoid coffee, alcohol, high fat and spicy food.
In the meanwhile start Paracetamol 500mg (thrice daily after food) for 3 days. Advise to watch for symptoms of raise in temperature, tiredness, stool output. I would choose the antibiotic depending on the lab report if required.
Hope this answers your query.
Suspect high sugars
Thanks for writing me back. I am glad to know that the bowels are restoring back.
Generally fever do not cause polyuria. However if you been drinking fluids, that could be causing the frequency.
If increased frequency doesn't get better after the symptoms passes off, then I would like to check if your blood sugar levels. Have you been taking the oral anti-diabetes medication?
Hope this answers your question.
Yes, he has been taking his metformin.
I will have blood sugar checked.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of food poisoning infection
- Food poisoning causes and symptoms
- Food poisoning symptoms in adults
- Symptoms of food poisoning nausea
- Food poisoning visine symptoms
- Common symptoms of food poisoning
- Mild food poisoning symptoms
- Lobster food poisoning symptoms
- Food poisoning duration of symptoms
- Sushi food poisoning symptoms
- Took risperidal, lorazepam and benztropine. Unable to stand still after...
- When does negative feedback mechanism for hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal...
- Injured nose, cheekbone and lost teeth. Any risk of death?
- Losing weight, stomach is elevated and found a lump under ribcage. What...
- Having premature ejaculation. What could be done?
- Have chronic bronchitis and noticed a lump at the back of throat. What...
- Took Morphine injection, Hydrocodone and ondansetron for strained...
- Child has developed pus cells after taking antibiotics. Advised...
- How to resolve problem of autistic child who masturbates frequently?
- Had cortisone shots in neck. What could be the cause for redness in body?