What are the symptoms of flu infection?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Mon, 30 Mar 2015 in Infections
Question: I haven't felt well for nearly 2 weeks now. started with 2 day headache, coughing, lots of yellow drainage from nose. Then generally lousy for 2 days. Felt like I broke fever overnight and went back to work. 4days later, dry heaved every hour for 6 hours. Felt worst I've ever felt. Thursday eve into Fri. felt a tiny better yesterday. a tiny bit better today. Had lots of congestion, but its improving greatly. trying my best to eat small amounts regularly and force fluids. no fever. just feel jittery in tummy. do you feel I had flu/sinus infection but are heading to wellness?
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ideally you require antibiotics.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
You are likely to have a sinusitis, an infection of the sinuses. If you are unable to see a doctor, try steam inhalation with menthol drops, drink plenty of warm fluids and use nasal decongestant which is OTC, your pharmacist will help you choose one.
Ideally you would require an antibiotic for a quick recovery. It is a prescription medicine and you require to see a doctor if you are not better with what I have suggested.
Hope you will get well soon.