What are the symptoms of disc disease?
Possible disc implication, Orthopedic consultation.Rest, advil/ tylenol,fomentation
When one takes deep breath, there is movement of diaphragm and expnasion/contration of chest and back muscles.The adominal organs too are pushed down somewhat.
Pain in lower back due to disc disease is known to sharpen with,deep breath, coughing, sneezing as the whole back musculature and abdominal muscles go into some contraction bringing about movement transmitted to discs in spine, and if particular disc is implicated, a sharp pain may be felt.
I would suggest an examination by an orthopedic doctor to test the movements of back and physical testing of joints of spine to localize any focal tenderness.If need be he shall ask for x rays/MRI of the region for further diagnosis.
As of now try to avoid movements of back and take rest, do hot fomentation and take tylenol or advil over the counter pain medicines till orthopedic doctor sees you.
You may apply muscle relaxant gels also after fomentation.avoid bending or lifting any objects from ground till you are evaluated by orthopedic doctor
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of degenerative disc disease
- Lumbar degenerative disc disease symptoms
- Symptoms of spinal disc disease
- Symptoms of Then degenerative disc disease
- Symptoms of lumbar disc disease
- Symptoms of intervertebral disc disease
- Symptoms of early disc disease
- What is lumbar disc disease
- Symptoms of disc disease
- Symptoms of cervical disc disease