question-icon

What are the symptoms of diabetes?

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: Fair enough. I've gained 80 lbs in 3 years, have a foot that is purple colored (thought is was from gout flare ups), blood filled cyst on my groin and I drink alcohol daily. Is this from diabetes?
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai (56 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Not specefic to diabetes

Detailed Answer:
Good day,
Noted your concern. Well, none of the said symptoms are specific symptoms of diabetes. However, if you have excessive thirst, urination and frequent urination at night, that could be due to diabetes.
Easiest thing is to get a fasting blood glucose and Hba1c test done. They are no very expensive .
Binu
Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai

Endocrinologist