What are the symptoms of diabetes?
You should stabilize BP before doing any planned surgery.
Hi XXXXXXX and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
Based on the data you provided you have hypertension that should be properly treated before going for any surgery. You may have glucose intolerance (pre diabetes) or diabetes. Unfortunately a single high glucose value isn't enough to make the proper diagnosis and a second analysis is always necessary to confirm it.
After taking a single dose of losartan your BP was 147/97 that is still high. However it is to early to evaluate the efficacy of treatment and usually it needs two weeks of treatments to evaluate its efficacy.
My advice is that you should stabilize blood pressure and glucose levels (with diet, healthy lifestyle and treatment) before doing any planned surgery. This is why I suggest to cancel surgery and you may reconsider it after you have stabilized your BP and glucose levels.
Hope this will be of help!
p.s If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask!
Following answer to your query.
It's nice to hear that my advice were somehow helpful.
You should stay calm and wait for tomorrow test results.
Hi back XXXX
The doctor ask to repeat your analysis on Monday. Even if your doctor didn't say anything about your glucose levels, your results may be on the border of norm (still normal) or slightly elevated (diabetes). If your glucose levels were too low you would have experienced sweating, fatigue, dizziness etc.
As you see it doesn't necessary mean diabetes, you may have prediabetes to (borderline glucose levels). For a better evaluation of glucose levels and diabetes is recommended to redo a fasting glucose levels and two hours after eating, together with glycosylated hemoglobin test. If the tests will be normal, you have nothing to worry because you aren't diabetic.
My advice is that for the moment you should stay calm and wait for tomorrow test results. A single abnormal glucose levels doesn't necessary mean that you have health problems (diabetes). Your glucose levels should be checked out if it is a casual finding or it is due to prediabetes or diabetes. In both cases a healthy diet and lifestyle with appropriate treatment are good enough to stabilize glucose levels.
Pancreas damage is evaluated with abdominal ultrasound and blood analysis (lipase and amylase levels on blood). If those analysis are normal you shouldn't worry for pancreas problems anymore.
Hope this was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is sleepiness a symptom of diabetic
- Symptoms of diabetes in men
- Is farting symptom of diabetes
- Diabetes symptoms signs in women
- Diabetes symptoms pre diabetes
- Early symptoms diabetes
- What are the symptoms of diabetic hypoglycemia?
- Symptoms of diabetes
- Diabetes symptoms type 2 diabetes
- Early symptoms diabetes symptom
- Had amputated percussion breaks in spine. Dealing with chronic pain....
- Took valtrex and vitimans B complex for shingles. Pain in temple,...
- Why is the heart beating rapidly only at night?
- Have cold sweats, nausea, dizziness and elevated blood pressure. On BP...
- Experiencing dizziness. Blood pressure 143/80. Do not get enough sleep....
- Should I be worried about a pulse reading of 103?
- Taking metformin. Getting swollen lymph nodes. Suggest medication?
- History of heart attack. Having ventricular premature beat. Will I get...
- Diagnosed with gastritis and hernia. No improvement with prevacid. What...
- Feel like blood is not circulating in legs. Which specialist should I see?