What are the symptoms of concussion after a head injury?
Please watch out for a day should you have any symptoms listed below
Thanks for writing in.
I have read through your query in detail.
Sorry to hear about your fall and hope you are not having much pain or discomfort. Regularly I come across patients with mild head injury like the on you have. While the injury mentioned by you seems to be a trivial one, the symptoms experienced by you might vary.
Right now you can try applying ice packs and taking oral pain relievers to feel comfortable if you still feel uncomfortable at the site of head injury.
You might have had a concussion, mildest form of brain injury. Concussions usually do not manifest into anything serious, however subtle symptoms like brain fog may persist for days to weeks. This happens due to minor injury to nerves and is not visible on imaging. Rarely there can be emotional changes and irritability seen even after concussions.
Head injuries need to be observed for the first 24 hours. The following are alarming symptoms (within first 24 hours) of a head injury that needs a doctors attention.
3. Persisting neurological deficits (numbness is a neurological deficit)
4. Difficulty in maintaining gait
5. Vision problems
6. Increasing severity of headache
If any of the above symptoms have occurred and are present even after 24 hours then you need to see a doctor and get a CT scan brain done. If you are experiencing dizziness and nausea which is not subsiding even after 3 days, you might have to visit the ER.
Patients on blood thinners (including aspirin) or anti platelet medications have a small risk of slow bleeds in the brain even after a small fall. If you are taking Aspirin regularly, it is important to see a doctor should you have any of the above listed symptoms.
Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Wishing you a quick recovery.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Minor head injury symptoms
- Symptoms of traumatic head injuries
- Back of head injury symptoms
- Baby head injury symptoms
- What symptoms should be observed after a head injury
- Head injury dementia symptoms
- Head injury delayed symptoms
- Head injury symptoms in adults
- Symptoms of severe head injury
- Head injury signs and symptoms
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...