question-icon

What are the symptoms of bone fracture?

Posted on Thu, 19 Mar 2015
Question: hi doc

I just slipped and there is sprain just above the ankle
is
pain is bearable and is only on movements..I just put move spray ....it does not look like fracture..pls suggest...in the pic I have highlighted the affected area

pls suggest way forward
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta (45 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Seems to be SOFT TISSUE STRAIN

Detailed Answer:

I have gone throgh the image provided, I feel that you might have sustained a SOFT TISSUE STRAIN involving your ligaments or tendons.

This will generally resolve within few weeks by the following measures -
* Rest to the injured part and dont involve in activities which puts additional strain on the injured tissues.
* Ice packing should be applied for about 20 minutes once in every 2 hours.
* Analgesic & anti inflammatory medications

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement