What are the symptoms of autism in toddlers?
My son is now 13month old. I read some article about autism now its causing concerned to me
My baby can clap(when excited), wave(in request), Point to show me things bt dont do d gaze checkin, but yesterday he point to the tap in d sink n said "tap"..he has a very good memory and can show everything in the book
He is walking from 11month.
What making me concerned is he never hand me object(sometimes on request), althought he tried to feed me from glass few days back.. He dont shakes his head no or yes..he doesnt always respond to his name...although he has Lot of XXXXXXX names...and when i Sing song to him he foccused on my mouth den eyes..he smiled And laugh a Lot. Bt he love object dat spins like wheels of cars And fans but not obsessed with it. He dont babble much but can say maa, pa,ball,tree,crow,cock,fish,tap,dada(brother) n he literally know d meaning.
Please tell me is it normal or m overconcerned?
Autism screening can be done online
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Based on the description it does not seem concerning. Nevertheless, I would insist you to visit https://m-chat.org/en-us/page/take-m-chat-test/online and answer the questionnaire. Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers, Revised (M-CHAT-R) is a standardized test for screening of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). In case the test shows low risk, you need not worry. In case the test indicates risk, you would need to visit a child psychiatrist and get the child evaluated.
Let me know if I could help further.
Will take some time to develop
Since the risk is low you need not worry. It is very normal for a child of this age not to share things. Give it some time. As the child grows, the child will learn to share.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Autism 4 year old symptoms
- Symptoms of Autism spectrum
- Symptoms of High-functioning autism
- Low level autism symptoms
- What is echolalia autism
- Symptoms of autism spectrum disorders
- Learning disability what are they symptoms of autism
- Symptoms of borderline autism
- Mild autism adults symptoms
- Symptoms of autism disorder
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever