• question-icon

What are the symptoms of a slipped disc?

Posted on Wed, 3 Dec 2014 in Back Pain
Question: What are the symtpms of a slipped disk?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain in lower back and hip radiating to legs.

Detailed Answer:
Aches starting from the hip and radiating down the leg associated with pain in the lower back is suggestive of a slipped disc. The extent of pain varies with the severity of the problem.
If there is an associated nerve root compression then the radiating pain can be associated with muscle weakness.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon