What are the symptoms of a concussion?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: Today I was at a river with my family can I jumped off a dam into the water and wasn't aware of how deep the water was. I had landed on the floor underneath the water and got a head ache but it went away, but lately I have been feeling faint. I was wondering if this might be a concussion or not.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Did you hit your head?

Detailed Answer:

If you have dived in with head down and got hit on the head, then symptoms of dizziness indicate some brain injury.

Contusions, concussion and internal bleed can present like this.

Ideal would be to get neurological examination and CT done.In meantime have somebody to have look over you till you get under care of your doctor.

Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.