What are the symptoms of a blood clot in the fermoral artery?
if you're talking about arterial occlusion then pain is the most prominent symptom. There can be various signs like cold extremity peripheral to the occlusion, skin discoloration, no pulses and if left untreated necrosis of parts of the extremity like the digits or a larger area.
If you meant vein thrombosis then the symptoms and signs might be less prominent. Pain (less severe than in arterial occlusion), swelling, distended superficial veins, warmth and perhaps low grade fever can be present. Sometimes no symptoms may appear.
The symptoms obviously depend on the site of involvement. Would you like to upload the test report?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood clot in brain symptoms
- Blood clots symptoms in women
- Blood clot on spine symptoms
- Blood clot on lung symptoms
- Blood clot symptoms in chest
- Blood clot in neck artery symptoms
- What are the symptoms of peripheral artery disease?
- What are the symptoms of carotid artery disease?
- Quadriceps blood clot symptoms
- Blood clot in head symptoms