What are the symptoms of a blocked artery?

Question
What are the symptoms of a blocked artery ? I have been having tight chest pains this morning. Its right below my collar bone it is super tight and feels like pressure. Should i be worried ?
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely a blocked artery

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
I assume you mean coronary artery disease blockage symptoms.
Symptoms of blocked coronaries or ischemia are central chest heaviness, tightness and dull crushing type of pain.
Often associated with sweating and shortness of breath.
It is extremely unusual to have a female of your age to get coronary blockage, thanks to female sex hormone estrogen.
Similar symptoms can be caused by pneumonia, pleurisy, musculoskeletal problems or gastric upsets like dyspepsia or esophageal regurgitation.
You should get assessed and investigated by a local physician at the earlist.
Looking forward to hearing from you.