Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What are the symptoms of a blocked artery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
What are the symptoms of a blocked artery ? I have been having tight chest pains this morning. Its right below my collar bone it is super tight and feels like pressure. Should i be worried ?
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely a blocked artery

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
I assume you mean coronary artery disease blockage symptoms.
Symptoms of blocked coronaries or ischemia are central chest heaviness, tightness and dull crushing type of pain.
Often associated with sweating and shortness of breath.
It is extremely unusual to have a female of your age to get coronary blockage, thanks to female sex hormone estrogen.
Similar symptoms can be caused by pneumonia, pleurisy, musculoskeletal problems or gastric upsets like dyspepsia or esophageal regurgitation.
You should get assessed and investigated by a local physician at the earlist.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor