What are the symptoms of UTI?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 10 Feb 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi doctor frommlast few months iam experiencing sensation during urination. I found inner lobe of my penis is having sore n redness. I apply coconut oil and get relief. In mornings sore n redness is not there but redness increases after whole of the day. I also noticed whenever my stomach is upset i experience sensation more.
This happened after last year i was diagnosed with 4mm stone in left kidney. Also i suffered from UTI during that period. After few months on repeat sonography kidney stone was disappeared. I was advised to increase water /liquid intake i think that helped in removal of stone.
Please advice how i can get rid of this also which specialist do i see - skin or urologist for this.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer...you should visit a urologist
Detailed answer...
I have read your query and understand your problem
Redness on glans seems to be either due to some allergy due to soap or may be some bacterial or fungal infection of glans penis.
There may be associated urine infection.
Problems get increased if a person is diabetic or washes his glans vigorously with soap and rubs it or if there is history of unprotected sex with some stranger or sex worker.
Ideally you should do the following...
Clean your glans with slight warm water and dry it by dabbing it and not rubbing it.
Apply some antibiotic cream like soframycin or coconut oil on it.
Get a urine culture done.
Get tested for diabetes.
Drink plenty of water.
Best for you is to consult a urologist for proper examination,investigations and treatment.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj