Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
151 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What are the symptoms of UTI?

Answered by
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1978

Answered : 6714 Questions

Posted on Tue, 10 Feb 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi doctor frommlast few months iam experiencing sensation during urination. I found inner lobe of my penis is having sore n redness. I apply coconut oil and get relief. In mornings sore n redness is not there but redness increases after whole of the day. I also noticed whenever my stomach is upset i experience sensation more.
This happened after last year i was diagnosed with 4mm stone in left kidney. Also i suffered from UTI during that period. After few months on repeat sonography kidney stone was disappeared. I was advised to increase water /liquid intake i think that helped in removal of stone.
Please advice how i can get rid of this also which specialist do i see - skin or urologist for this.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief should visit a urologist
Detailed answer...
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your problem
Redness on glans seems to be either due to some allergy due to soap or may be some bacterial or fungal infection of glans penis.
There may be associated urine infection.
Problems get increased if a person is diabetic or washes his glans vigorously with soap and rubs it or if there is history of unprotected sex with some stranger or sex worker.
Ideally you should do the following...
Clean your glans with slight warm water and dry it by dabbing it and not rubbing it.
Apply some antibiotic cream like soframycin or coconut oil on it.
Get a urine culture done.
Get tested for diabetes.
Drink plenty of water.
Best for you is to consult a urologist for proper examination,investigations and treatment.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Soframycin

doctor1 MD

My lips are cracked and peeling. Very uncomfortable. I have been using latisse for 3 months, could it be that? I haven't had any problems until...

doctor1 MD

I have an ear infection ( otitis external) I was put on pain meds ibuprofen 800mg and an antibiotic, ciprofloxacin , but I cannot sleep is there...

doctor1 MD

Hey doctor, About an hour ago I was using some clear sticky tape to tape up some posters and after I had finished I went to pick my nose but I am...

doctor1 MD

Hi i got my Tragus pierced around a month ago, it was okay the first week but now it has went all swollen, this green crispy substance comes from...

doctor1 MD

Hello. I am a 16 year old girl, and I got my belly button pierced about a month ago. A few days ago, I formed a red, itchy rash and bumps inside...