• question-icon

What are the symptoms of UCTD?

Posted on Fri, 9 May 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I think I have UCTD because my whole body suffers from tendons ,ligaments weak
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: UTCD less likely. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. UTCD is characterized by Arthralgia (joint achiness); Arthritis (joints that are swollen and hot, often with redness of the overlying skin); Rashes, usually on the face, which can worsen in the sun; Hair loss; Raynaud's phenomenon (color changes in your hands and feet in response to cold); Ulcers inside the mouth; Dryness of the eyes (due to decreased tears) or mouth (due to decreased saliva); Low-grade fever (usually under 100o F); Leukopenia (decreased numbers of white cells in your blood); Anemia (decreased numbers of red blood cells in your blood). Occasionally, pleuritis or pericarditis (inflammation of the lining surrounding the lungs or heart, respectively, which can cause chest pain especially with breathing) or neuropathy (abnormal nerve sensations, usually in the fingers or toes, ranging from numbness to tingling to pain) may occur. Only weak tendons and ligaments do not conclusively point towards UTCD. Consulting a rheumatologist will help in proper diagnosis after clinical examination and investigations. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 minutes later
Very happy with your answer. My tendons get stiff. My lower legs are absolutely numb with less and less feelings. Affected are also my neck and my shoulders. Every area of my body tendons have been affected and are numb and no elasticity. I am in big trouble
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be nutritional deficiency. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. The stiffness of the legs can be due to osteoarthritis at your age. You can get your bone mineral density evaluated to find this out. The numbness that you have can be due to abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. Hope my answer is helpful. Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries. Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 minutes later
What are the chances to be related with the spine? Thank you
Brief Answer: Not likely. Detailed Answer: Hello. Spine related nerve compression presents with a shooting pain and numbness along the affected nerve root only. The symptoms are not generalized. Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon