What are the symptoms of Tegretol?

Dr. Rovena Murati

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What are the symptoms of a high tegretol level
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!
I had gone through your query.

Tegretol is a brand name for Carbamazepine which is used to treat seizures.
If the tegretol level is too high you may experience toxic symptoms.
The symptoms of carbamazepine toxicity (high level) may include:
-Drowsiness
-Slurred speech
-Ataxia (unsteadiness ,dizziness )
-Hallucinations
-Nausea, vomiting
-Tremors
-Seizures
-Blurred vision
-Headache
-irregular, pounding heartbeat
-numbness, tingling, pain, or weakness in hands and feet
-Bullous skin formations

If you are taking Tegretol and experience any of the above symptoms you should seek medical attention as soon as possible.
It is necessary to measure serum carbamazepine level to verify that symptoms are due to carbamazepine toxicity.

Hope it was of help.
Let me know if you have any additional question or doubt to clarify.I will be happy to help.

Regards!
Dr.Rovena Murati