What are the symptoms of PTSD?

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Mental Health
Question: What are the sing of ptsd and what are the
thing that can cause ptsd my mother in law thinks I have ptsd
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries

I can understand your concern. PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is an anxiety disorder and occurs in individuals who witness a life threatening trauma or very severe emotional trauma. Usually symptoms start with in 6 months of event and persist beyond 6 months of event. Symptoms like severe restlessness, reliving the event, insomnia, nightmares about trauma, autonomic arousal etc are commonly seen. Most of these symptoms have relation with the life threatening event.

Thanks, Hope this helps you. Please don't hesitate to ask again for more doubts.