What are the symptoms of Leukemia?
feeling unwell. The CBC test was normal, except my Immature Granulocyte
% was 0.3. A CBC taken 6 months ago showed a Immature Granulocyte % of 0.2.
And prior to that, all CBC's I've taken have showed Immature Granulocyte of % of 0.0.
My platelet count is a bit on the low side(170-180's for the last year) too. Also, on
the latest CBC, my Neutrophil count almost doubled from 2.6 to 4.2. My WBC on the
last CBC was 6.2, and usually is between 4 and 7. Should I
be concerned about this being the early stages of Leukemia? Are there any
followup blood tests(eg. peripheral blood smear) that could rule out/in this
Its not leukemia - Repeat after control of infection.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Jyothi BL and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Immature granulocytes upto 0.5% can be normally seen in the CBC test. It is increased more in conditions like infections. At present, as your general health is unwell, it is high. Once, you recover, redo it after 2-3 weeks, it will be normal.
2. The neutrophil count which is doubled, indicates acute infection, during which immature cells, due to there requirement to fight infection come into peripheral blood from bone marrow. That's the reason, at present, your immature granulocytes percentage is high.
3. Platelet count is good and if its below 50, then I would think of leukemia.
4. Not to be concerned about leukemia.
5. Peripheral blood smear at present would show increased neutrophils with shift to left (few immature cells may be seen).
No tests are necessary. Repeat CBC after control of infection as suggested above.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Jyothi BL
How worried should I be about liver disease?Is this reversible? Could I have cirrhosis even with normal ultrasound?
Thanks for asking again.
With a normal ultrasound, cirrhosis is not possible. As the liver enzymes are normal, no liver damage is present.
Regarding other values, mild variation is normal. Continue with your nutritional supplements as necessary.
As there is no bleeding anywhere, PT and INR has no significance at present.
Take some protein rich diet to maintain albumin.
Any more queries happy to help again
Dr Jyothi BL
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is dizziness one of the symptoms of leukemia
- Symptoms of myelogenous leukemia
- Symptoms of cell leukemia
- Symptoms of lymphoblastic leukemia
- Symptoms of leukemia
- What are the symptoms of acute lymphocytic leukemia?
- Symptoms of promyelocytic leukemia
- Symptoms of acute myelogenous leukemia
- Symptoms of acute myeloid leukemia
- Is chap lips a symptom of leukemia