What are the symptoms of Hashimoto's disease?
Thanks for your query.
Hashimoto thyroiditis is a autoimmune condition where thyroid gland is attacked by a variety of cell- and antibody-mediated immune processes. It is also called chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis.
It leads to decreased thyroid hormone levels in blood leading to hypothyroid features some of them include as below.
Sensitivity to heat and cold
Changes in heart rate
Congestive heart failure
Muscle weakness, joint stiffness
Memory loss, vision problems, infertility etc
Hope, I have answered your query.
Please do ask if you any other concerns.
Below are the tests
Thyroid profile which includes Tsh, T3 and T4
Anti-thyroglobulin antibodies (anti-Tg),
Anti-thyroid peroxidase antibodies (anti-TPO) and
The above tests help in diagnosing the Hashimoto's.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hashimoto disease pancreatitis
- Severe hashimotos disease symptoms
- Hashimotos disease and general anesthesia
- Hashimotos disease and crestor
- Is hashimotos disease contagious
- Hashimotos disease tattoo
- Hashimotos disease and flying in airplanes
- Are increased sensitivity to cold symptoms of hashimoto's disease?
- Hashimotos disease and herniated disc
- Symptoms of hashimoto's disease