What are the symptoms of HPV infection?
20 % TRANSMISSION RATE
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
There is indeed no valid HPV test for men, that is true.
The only obvious sign would be the presence of warts.
Apart from that, there is no way to pinpoint you as a carrier of HPV.
That said, the transmission rate of HPV is 20 %.
That is pretty much independent of the gender, as in there are equal rates of man - to - woman or woman - to - man transmission, with some studies reporting a slightly higher rate of transmission from infected females to the male partner.
Hence, you can say you have a 1 in 5 risk of having gotten the virus from the former partner, and again, a 1 in 5 risk of communicating it to a new partner.
The risks are considerably minimized by thorough usage of condoms.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes hpv infection
- Symptoms of cervical hpv infection
- What are the symptoms of hpv infection?
- What is genital hpv infection
- Symptoms of recurrent hpv infection
- What treatment should i take for hpv infection
- Symptoms of Oral HPV infection
- Symptoms of std hpv infection
- Symptoms of throat hpv infections
- Symptoms of genital hpv infection