What are the symptoms of HIV?
I have some queries regarding my immunity. As I was a premature baby ( 8months ). Do you think this will affect my hiv antibodies test done with a window period of 5.5 my? Also people says that the person with immunity problem takes upto 6 months for antibodies development, is w right as I have also done my elisa 4th generation test after 6 months both the above test came negative.
Pl advice about the immunity issue and window period. Also some DR'S says that it wouldn't take more than 3 months for antibodies development. But also speak that it may delay due immunity problem with those on chemo or takes durgs for organ transplant.
See detailed answer.
Thanks for your query at HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.
I realize now you are over 35 years, even if you were born prematurely that has no impact on your health anymore. So remove from your mind that you have low immunity. You are absolutely immunocompetent individual. Now your body will respond as any other person of your age. Soon after the initial infection with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), persons body’s self defense mechanisms kick into action. Your autoimmune system begins the process of developing antibodies to attack the invading virus. This process is called seroconversion.During this time, some people have symptoms similar to the flu or other common viruses. These include swollen lymph nodes, headache, rash, and fever. Normally the antibodies seroconversion occurs after 12 weeks to up to 6 months. During this window period tests like p24 can be tested by 4 th generation ELISA. Even viral PCR can detect HIV after 6-7 weeks and test is quite sensitive. The people who have delayed seroconversion beyond 6 months occurs in patients with chemotherapy, radiotherapy, transplants.
You can take a follow-up query.
If no clarifications then you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Dr. Sheetal Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gastric problem symptoms and hiv symptoms
- Hiv phobia symptoms
- What are the symptoms of hiv/aids?
- What are the signs and symptoms of hiv
- What are the symptoms of hiv infection
- What are the hiv symptoms
- What causes appearance of hiv symptoms despite negative hiv report
- Symptoms of Hiv
- Dengue fever symptoms hiv symptoms
- What are the symptoms of acute hiv infection
- What causes burning micturition post protected intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for parasitic infection in stomach
- What does the widal test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for Entamoeba histolytica infection
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder and panic attacks
- Suggest treatment for flu with diarrhea and tiredness
- Does the use of condoms cause warts on penis tip?
- Suggest treatment for painful reddish rashes on buttocks and thighs
- What causes low body temperature along with pain in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for recurring fever, chills and dizziness