What are the symptom of labral tear?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Accident and Emergency
Question: I am a 40 year old woman in excellent condition. Got bucked off my horse landed on my butt on the left side. I was able to get up and walk away, but by that night I couldn't move at all due to intense groin groin time i went to use my adductor muscles to even stabilize or stand. I am a little confused because I really feel like I didn't land all that hard and it was a somewhat calculated landing. I realize I need to have it x-rayed, but what are the symptoms of a labral tear vs a broken him, and/or detached muscle. Also, do these always require surgery. What can you tell me about my situation.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have studied your case.
There is possibility of sacral bone injury or hip bone injury depending on pattern of fall.
Yes you need appropriate x ray to rule out fracture.
In case of fracture there can be persistent pain and swelling.
In case of tear there will be bleeding and pain .
Till time take analgesic and rest.
opinion about surgery can be given after x ray report.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question. Take care.
Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 10 hours later
My pain gets better every day, and there is no visible swelling. I am also not bruises at all from the outside. Which kind of a doctor should I see, and do I need a ct scan to look for tissue damage in the labral or just an x-ray?
Also, what do they do for sacral bone fracutures. Is there a sling, body cast, etc?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

You need to consult orthopaedic doctor.
Initially x ray may be sufficient.For labral damage you may need MRI.

For sacral bone fracture
Usually Do hot fomentation over sacrum. It will take weeks to months to subside.

Use ring cushion and take sitz bath.
If not relieved very rarely surgery is required.
There is no body cast for sacrum fracture.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question.