What are the simple ways to control grey hair?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am suffering from grey hair and grey beard. I am 30 years . I am trying vitamin tablets, nuts, etc. I normally feel stress for edu, and work, and I am away from smoking and drinking. Please suggest some quick ways to control, grey hair started 4 yearss ago, grey beard started 1 year ago
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Vitamin B complex supplements may help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Let me provide you with some information and reassurance. It is certainly not uncommon for one to have premature graying of hairs. The most important cause for premature graying of hair is genetic or hereditary factors. Hair turn white due to lack of pigmentation and melanin. Other important causes are malnutrition and a diet deficient in vit B , smoking ,thyroid disease, stress and anxiety, unclean condition, drying it with an electric dryer and use of hair dyes. If the cause is genetic then very little can be done for the hair that have already turned gray. But if the cause is dietary then taking healthy nutritious diet and some vitamin B supplements may help. Indulge in relaxation and meditation to avoid any stress and anxiety. Keep the hair clean by using a mild shampoo and use cold water for rinsing the hair. Hot water should not be used. However these methods may help in preventing further graying of hair. Hair that have lost pigmentation need to be colored by hair dyes or hair colors. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 hours later
I am taking Multi Vitamin tablets. I am taking Amla pills (Indian Gooseberry). Applying Amla Hair Oil. Eating egg, pulses, nuts regularly. I apply regular henna to hair. I did hair dye for some time, but I don't want to do that anymore. Please let me know if there is any solution to make it hair black as I am just reaching 30 years. I read few ayurvedic articles, but since I am out of India, I don't have proper herbs to do those remedies. Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Multivitamin pills will help. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. It is difficult to get back the pigmentation of the hairs tat have already turned grey with the help of medicines. You can only prevent the rest of your hairs turning grey by taking the supplements that you are already taking. For the ayurvedic treatment, it is best to consult an ayurvedacharya physically and get the treatment prescribed. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards