What are the signs to look after post consumption of overdosed Nitroglycerin?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Feb 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Is it possible to overdose someone with nitroglycerin tables, and if so what are the signs. is there a test to detect an overdose? would a regular test show signs of overdose
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Signs of severe hypotension

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1 . It is possible to overdose with nitroglycerin.

2. Signs of overdose include severe hypotension and circulatory shock.

Hope it answered to your queries!
Dr.Benard
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
you only answered half of my question! again, is it possible to detect with a specific
blood test. and would it show up if the dr. was NOT looking for it
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
There's no specific blood test to detect nitroglycerine overdose...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Unfortunately there's no specific blood test to detect possible overdose from nitroglycerine. This is why i mentioned only side effects and intoxication sign.

Wish you health!
Dr. Benard