What are the signs of miscarriage?

Dr. Srilatha Myaka

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi,

I 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I just did a pregnancy test this morning and it's the darkest line yet, however, I found some brown discharge, 1 bright red spot and one small clot when I wiped. I've had two miscarriages and I want to know if I should be worried. I'm not having any cramps etc.
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,welcome to healthcare magic.I understand your concern.
Iam Dr.Srilatha gynaecologist i would like to
know following things for better suggestions:-
1)How many years of marital life?
2)Any history of consanguinity or marriage in between close relatives?
3)How are your cycles usually?
4)Any history of thyroid abnormalities or PCOD?
5)When was previous miscarriages occured?
6)Is this pregnancy occurred spontaneously or with treatment?
Kindly provide me the information.
Looking forward ro hear from you.
Best regards...Dr.Srilatha
Follow up: Dr. Srilatha Myaka 6 minutes later
Hi doctor,
1. I have been married for 5 years and been trying to conceive for 1 year
2.no such history in both our families
3.i have 24 day cycles, which are regular. 3 days of bleeding and regular ovulation. I test every month
4. No history of abnormalities. All tests have been done and no issues there
5.Last miscarriage was in August 2015
6. This is a spontaneous pregnancy

Thank yo
u
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It needs to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,thanks for the information.I understand your concern.
It is good to know that your cycles are regular and no other hormonal abnormalities are associated with you.
In my opinion the spotting in pregnancy can be due to following causes:-
1)Any abnormal pregnancy like ectopic or miscarriage.
2)Any thyroid abnormalities.
3)Any progesterone insufficiency.
4)Bleeding from cervix due to erosion etc.
5)Any excess physical strain.
6)Low lying placenta.
7)Implantational bleeding.
So the thyroid profile and ultrasound might be needed to rule out any thyroid abnormalities and status of pregnancy respectively.
Avoid physical strain.Take bed rest and avoid intercourse .
Sometimes the spotting might decrease spontaneously by following the above measures.Progesterone hormone supplements might also be helpful.
Iam not diagnosing any condition but giving you the information as definite examination is possible only after physical examination and necessary investigations.
So i suggest you to consult doctor and get evaluated for cause of spotting.
Nothing to worry.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Feel free to discuss further.
Best regards...Dr Srilatha