What are the signs and symptoms of type 2 diabetes?
Diabetes/urinary tract infection suspected....
I have gone through your medical history carefully and my answer is as following:
1. You are saying to urinate very often, this makes you lose fluids and electrolytes leading to feeling sleepy.
Increase water intake, together with ORS to replace the lost fluids and electrolytes.
2. Diabetes is one the causes to frequent urination. A simple fasting blood sugar test and urine analysis (which will also detect the presence of glucose in the urine) will determine whether it is diabetes or something else. You can purchase a home blood glucose monitor and measure it at home and urine strips to detect glucose or infection.
Most common symptoms of type 2 diabetes include:
- frequent urination
- excessive thirst
- being tired/fatigued, etc.
3. Infection is also another cause to frequent urination. It can be determined by a simple urine analysis and abdominal ultrasound.
4. Diabetes is often associated with infection;while infection could be the first sign to make us think over diabetes.
If you can't manage to buy the requested home strips, should go to ER or ask an immediate appointment with your physician for further evaluation and treatment.
Once the right diagnosis is made, you'll be prescribed antibiotics/urine antiseptics or hypoglycemiants as per tests results.
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for type 2 diabetes
- Treatment for type 2 diabetes
- Gastroenteritis and type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes symptoms signs
- What is the best cure for type 2 diabetes
- Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- What is type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes symptoms women
- Diabetes symptoms type 2 diabetes