What are the signs and symptoms of skin cancer?
hello again for sending the question.
There are several strategies you might employ to help minimize the risk of diagnosis of skin cancer.
The main defense as you mentioned is minimizing excess of sun exposure and using appropriate skin protecting sunscreen.
If you were going to be out in the sun for more than 15 minutes it would be appropriate to consider using sunscreen to protect against for the damage of the skin and increased risk of cancer.
The other important strategy would be for you to see a dermatologist on at least an annual basis for a thorough full body skin examination. The dermatologist can identify areas of concern in conformity with serial skin exams and photographs to see if there is any change that might indicate a risk of cancer.
So again the main strategies are prevention by minimizing excessive exposure, using appropriate sunscreen and following with a skin professional on a regular basis.
Thank you again for sending the question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Skin cancer symptoms sick
- Late-stage skin cancer symptoms
- Symptoms of aggressive skin cancer
- Symptoms of early skin cancer
- Symptoms of skin cancer moles
- Symptoms of melanoma skin cancers
- Whitehead skin cancer sign
- Symptoms of Skin cancer
- Symptoms of nonmelanoma skin cancer
- Are a pearly or waxy bump symptoms of skin cancer?
- Is chemo-therapy effective in treatment of carcinoma of the esophagus?
- What does a lump on nipple indicate?
- What causes MGUS with a M-spike of .2?
- Suggest treatment for depression with anxiety
- What causes high BP and low platelet count?
- Suggest treatment for stage 4 rectal cancer
- Can Arimidex usage cause raised bumps on arms and neck?
- What does low WBC count indicate?
- Does Gleason of 9 and PSA of 96 indicate prostate cancer?
- Does my blood work indicate cancer?