What are the signs and symptoms of sciatic nerve pain?
Pain that radiates from teh lower back down the lower limb!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you have reported. If this is sciatica, then Pain that radiates from your lower (lumbar) spine to your buttock and down the back of your leg is the hallmark. Let me know if this is typical of your symptoms. Treatment consists manly in pain medications like naproxen and physical therapy. At this stage, I will like you to conform your symptoms and if they are suggestive, then we will establish a treatment plan to help you with this.
Also, what provoked this pain or what were you doing the first time you observed it?
I hope this helps and I hope to hear back from you. I will respond as soon as you confirm these findings.
picking-up from the floor a bucket full of water.
Is there a shot of medicine that may help with this terrible pain for the moment?
I've been taken Naproxen and Tylenol every four hours and now my stomach is paying the consequences
Add omeprazole and stop naproxen
Hi and thanks for this added information. The surrounding circumstances make this more likely to be sciatica.
I will suggest you stop naproxen and add omeprazole to protect the stomach more. There are more potent pain medications such as tramadol, morphine, codeine, etc. that can be used. However, you need a doctor to provide a script for this and I will suggest you talk with your local doctor.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Let me know how this unfolds.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?