What are the signs and symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease?
You can wait for two weeks.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The ache and burning urination with a sterile urine culture can be due to a renal stone, increased intake of acidic foods and decreased fluid intake. This can be a nerve related pain also. The painful pelvic examination is suggestive of PID. None of these is an acute problem that cannot wait for another two weeks. You can take over the counter mild pain killers and increase the intake of cranberry juice till then.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
One other question: I was diagnosed with endometriosis about 20 years ago. Other than severe pain which can be alleviated with ibuprofen during my menstrual cycle, I have had no other symptoms. My Gyno suggested the possibility of endometriosis en planted in my bladder. You mentioned nerve related pain. Could those possibilities be similar? How likely of a scenario is nerve pain or endometriosis? Is there any fix for either?
Thanks for writing again.
Bladder pressure or burning is less likely to be due to PID. Since a hot compress gives a relief then it is suggestive of a muscle spasm in the area not an infection.
The possibility of endometriosis is there.
Nerve related pain happen due to a nerve root compression or irritation. Both can be the cause of pain that you have. The symptomatic relief is possible in nerve pain but endometriosis may need a surgical treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is pelvic inflammatory disease fluid
- Pelvic inflammatory disease doc
- Pelvic inflammatory disease chart
- Pelvic inflammatory disease causes
- Swimming and pelvic inflammatory disease
- Indigestion with pelvic inflammatory disease
- Pelvic inflammatory disease pathophysiology
- Symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Diagnosis of pelvic inflammatory disease
- What is the cure for chronic pelvic inflammatory disease
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...