What are the signs and symptoms of leiomyosarcoma?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Cancer
Question: My husband has been diagnosed with Leiomyosarcoma and the Drs are starting him on DOXIL..Is this a good choice or is there clinical trials that show more positive results? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hello dear. It is a good choice.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear.
I have gone through the details.

Taxotere and Gemzar has already been used in first line. So Doxil is a good option and relatively easy to tolerate also. More over, please do not worry, even after doxil more options of chemo and targeted drugs are there so as long as your husband fitness level is good, other drugs can also be given.

Thanks and regards.
Feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Do you know of anything or any other chemo drugs that are effective with leiomyosarcoma? The pelvic mass had shrunk forty percent on the taxodere and gemzar and now the spots on the lungs have increased in size and there are more small ones so the oncologist feels that the 2 chemo are inaffective at this time. just need to know if Doxil is the best choice..please advise
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There are many drugs

Detailed Answer:
hello. There are still many drugs like trabectidin, ifosfamide, pazopanib, dacarbazine. They can also be tried later.
We also use doxil frequently here with good results
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar