What are the signs and symptoms of genital herpes?
Get blood test done.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.
Herpes is a sexually( genital, anal and oral) transmitted viral infection. There are two types of herpes virus; Type I and II.
Type II is responsible for 90% of genital herpes and type I is responsible for 10% of genital herpes. Genital herpes presents as blisters which burst open to form painful ulcers. Sometimes there may be no symptoms at all.
The risk of contracting herpes where one partner is affected is 10% in one year. It is important to get your blood test done to find out if you are also positive for herpes. If you are negative, discuss with your doctor measures to reduce the risk of transmission from your partner.
If you have any specific concerns, I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Male genital herpes symptoms
- What are the symptoms of genital herpes?
- What are the signs of genital herpes
- Genital herpes symptoms women
- Genital herpes symptoms and effects
- Genital herpes in throat symptoms
- Symptoms of genital herpes include
- Early symptoms of genital herpes
- Genital herpes in men symptoms
- Female genital herpes symptoms