What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
It could be a gastroenteritis.
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
As per your description it seems that you are having a condition called "gastroenterits" commonly called as food poisoning. It could be viral or bacterial in origin. We can not say whether it is viral or bacterial depending on symptoms even though viral etiology out umber bacterial one.
You have got the infection through contaminated food or water.
Abdominal colic is the other possible differential diagnosis.
You can try the following as a first line management:-
(1)- Drink plenty of water to keep your self rehydrated. Fruit juice and coconut water can help to maintain electrolyte imbalance and dehydration.
(2)- Antispasmodics like dicyclomine can be tried for pain.
(3)- Antiemetics like domeperidone or ondensetron for vominting.
(4)- You can also use over the counter medicines like carminative mixtures to sooth your stomach.
If the symptoms persist despite all these, please consult a physician and detailed evaluation may be needed. You might require an ultrasound scan to rule out conditions like colic and renal stones.
You might require a short course of antibiotics like ciplox may be needed for five to seven days,
Have a healthy diet and keep good personal hygiene.
Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to contact in case of further doubts.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of acute febrile gastroenteritis
- Symptoms of bacterial gastroenteritis
- Symptoms of viral gastroenteritis
- What are the symptoms of viral gastroenteritis?
- Two common symptoms of gastroenteritis
- Symptoms of gastroenteritis colitis
- Symptoms of gastroenteritis
- What is the remedy for gastroenteritis type of symptoms
- Symptoms of gastroenteritis in women
- Fungal gastroenteritis symptoms
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?